Colin William Walsh
Phone: (512) 271-5527
Fax: (512) 201-1263
1011 San Jacinto Blvd #401
Austin, Texas 78701
Mr. Walsh represents clients in state court, federal court, administrative actions, and internal grievance hearings. He has appeared before state and federal judges, state and federal agencies, administrative law judges, and hearing officers across Texas and in Washington, D.C. Mr. Walsh also has extensive appellate experience in both state and federal court. He has drafted numerous appellate briefs for intermediate courts of appeal, petitions for review and briefs on the merits for the Texas Supreme Court, and has presented oral argument before the Fifth Circuit, the Federal Circuit, and the Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, and Eastland state courts of appeal.
Mr. Walsh’s practice focuses on representing workers against employers in cases involving discrimination, retaliation, unpaid wages, unpaid overtime, contract disputes, and whistleblowing actions. He represents private sector employees, as well as state and federal workers.
Mr. Walsh graduated from The University of Texas School of Law with honors. During law school, Mr. Walsh was awarded a three-year endowed presidential scholarship, the Tom Hathaway Memorial Scholarship for Trial Advocacy, and the Dean’s Achievement Award for the highest grade in his Federal Courts class. He participated in the National Security Clinic, was on the Interscholastic Arbitration Team, and studied international and comparative law at University College London. During law school, Mr. Walsh completed internships at the Dallas County Public Defender’s Office and the 14th Court of Appeals in Houston. Before attending law school, Mr. Walsh graduated from The University of Texas at Austin with a bachelor’s degree in theatre.
For the past five years, Super Lawyers Magazine has selected Mr. Walsh as a Texas Rising Star in employment litigation, an honor given to only the top 2.5% of attorneys in Texas. He is a member of the Texas Employment Lawyers Association, National Employment Lawyers Association, the Austin Bar Association, Austin Bar Foundation, Austin Young Lawyers Association, Texas Young Lawyers Association, and a lifetime member of the Texas Exes. Hook ’em Horns!
Recently, Mr. Walsh had the privilege of coaching an interscholastic mock trial team for the University of Texas School of Law. In fall 2018, his team competed at St. John’s University in New York City in a one-of-a-kind competition involving negotiation, mediation, and arbitration.
Mr. Walsh is licensed to practice law in Texas and the District of Columbia. He is admitted to practice in the Northern, Eastern, and Western Federal District Courts in Texas, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals, and all Texas state courts.
J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2011
- Endowed Presidential Scholarship in Law, Recipient
- Tom Hathaway Memorial Scholarship, Recipient (given to one student showing promise in advocacy)
- Dean’s Achievement Award – Highest Grade in Federal Courts
- TEXAS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW JOURNAL, Associate Editor
- National Security Clinic, Spring 2010
- University College London Faculty of Laws LLM Fall 2010, Semester in London Program
- ABA Law Student Division Arbitration Competition Fall 2009 Interscholastic Team, Regional Finalist
- Susman Godfrey Intramural Moot Court Competition Spring 2011, Finalist, Best Brief Award
- Gibbs & Bruns Intramural Moot Court Competition Fall 2009, Semifinalist
- Hutcheson Moot Court Competition Spring 2009, Semifinalist
- Voir Dire Competitions Spring 2010 & 2011, Semifinalist both times
B.A., Theatre, University of Texas at Austin, 2006
- Morton Brown, Nellie Lea Brown, Minelma Brown Lockwood Scholarship, Recipient
- University Honors, 6 semesters
- ANALECTA LITERARY JOURNAL 31, Poetry Contributor: “Bookman and Gunnison”
- UT-Oxford Summer Program 2005, Brasenose College, Oxford University
District of Columbia, 2013
Western, Northern, and Eastern Districts of Texas
Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2014
Federal Circuit Court of Appeals, 2014
National Employment Lawyers Association
Texas Employment Lawyers Association
Austin Bar Association
Austin Young Lawyers Association
Austin Bar Foundation
- Labor & Employment Specialist, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2016
- Texas Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2015-19